HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
In providing your personal details, you consent to us using the data collected in order to meet our commitments to you and to provide you with the service you expect. We may need your data for the following purposes:
- To create your personal account at Door Handle Store UK. (e.g. your name and email address)
- To process your orders via our online services (e.g. your name, address, date of birth and bank details)
- To send text message notifications of delivery status (e.g. your mobile phone number)
- To send you marketing offers such as newsletters and catalogues (e.g. your email address, your name and your postal address)
- To contact you in the event of any problems with the delivery of your items (e.g. telephone number, address)
- To answer your queries and to inform you of new or changed services (e.g. your email address)
- To notify the winners in competitions arranged online (e.g. your email address, name, home address and telephone number)
- To manage your account by carrying out credit checks (e.g. name, address, date of birth)
- To analyse your personal data to provide you with relevant marketing offers and information (e.g. name, buying habits)
- To validate that you are of legal age for shopping online (e.g. date of birth).
- We will only keep your data for as long as necessary to carry out our services to you or for as long as the law requires us. After this, your personal data will be deleted. We cannot remove your data when there is a legal storage requirement, such as bookkeeping rules or when there are other legal grounds to keep the data, such as an ongoing contractual relationship.
The third-party partners that send cookies to our website are:
- Twitter - If you are on the web, you can visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s consumer choice tool at optout.aboutads.info to opt-out of seeing interest-based advertising from Twitter in your current browser
- Trust Pilot - If you don't want to receive email invitations to review businesses on Trustpilot, simply click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
- Full Story Heatmaps - If you have any concerns about your session data being recorded, you can opt-out here
- Hotjar Heatmaps - You may opt-out from having Hotjar collect your information when visiting a Hotjar Enabled Site at any time by visiting Hotjar Opt-out page and clicking ‘Disable Hotjar’ or enabling Do Not Track (DNT) in your browser
- Google Analytics - if you have any concerns about your session data being recorded, you can opt-out here
- Google Tag Manager – Learn more here
- Google AdWords – To learn more how to control advertising cookies click here
Google Adwords remarketing is provided and managed by Google Inc.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise your advertising experience by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: https://www.google.com/settings/ads.
We take responsibility for all the personal data that we receive during recruitment or in competitions. These details are processed within the country organisation where you submit your application, while the data is stored in the UK.
If you have any questions regarding your application and your personal details, please find the contact information under “Contact Us”, where you can call or email us. If you submit an application to us, you allow us to process your personal data as part of our recruitment process.
We only keep your details with your consent. It is Door Handle Store’s policy not to ask job applicants for sensitive information online. Do not, therefore, give us any sensitive information (e.g. race, ethnicity, political views, religion or membership of a trade union). We will try to respond to your job application as quickly as possible. Your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998 will not be affected.